Sticking to our core values of Honor, Readiness, Victory and Loyalty, acting accordingly with customers, vendors, co-workers…..we’ve hit a number of milestones through the years.
When purchased in 2007, Cumberland International Trucks was a much different, smaller company. We have grown our employee base and diversified our product offerings, to say the least.
Imagine – there was a time when we didn’t have an HR department. Terry Minor’s office was where Rick Mileweski, our IT director sits.
Now we encompass 4 locations, sell dozens upon dozens of brands, new and used inventory, provide service, parts sales, mobile maintenance…operate regionally and nationally….and so much more.
When we started, 0ur service team was fewer than 15 technicians and two mobile trucks.
Today, our Cumberland employee base consists of:
- 62 Technicians across CIT, Murfreesboro, Tractor, Fire, PLUS 8 Mobile Technicians
- 37 Parts Employees
- 23 Support Staff
- 24 Sales Staff
- 12 Idealease Employees
A few big milestones over the years include:
- April 1, 2007 – CIT Nashville Opens
- December 2011 – Become Authorize Capacity Dealer
- April 2012 – Murfreesboro Grand Opening
- June 2012 – Purchased Tractor – Cumberland Tractor & Equipment Opens
- September 2012 – Murfreesboro Service Bay Opened
- July 2015 – Fire Moves Out to Dickerson Pike
- October 2016 – Idealease Moves to 1901 Lebanon Pike
Other big accomplishments:
- Capacity – More than 1 spotter per week sold since becoming an authorize dealer. Grown territory to include all of Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Florida. Consistently listed as top North American Dealer.
- Bus – More than 1.5 buses sold per week since 2009. Huge conquest deal with Metro!
- Tractor – Roughly 15 units sold per week since 2012!
- Fleet – Added over 25 conquest accounts over the years and if you average their numbers, they sell just over 6 trucks a week. They’ve also taken a huge step branding the C10 and the Next Gen C10.
We’ve come a long way since 2007 – It’s exciting to imagine where the next 10 years will take us.